Saturday, October 3, 2009

Day 3 - Step by Step


Alright well to be honest I read 'Lesson 1' this morning. The morning of October 3rd. The lesson of today, well the lesson that I took out of it is Jesus is the way. Let me explain because this is a well known phrase and 'way of life' , but it is very misunderstood. When some one says Jesus is the way, do they really know what they're saying? I didn't even really realize the difference between these two prayers. Let's see if you can. 1. Jesus please tell me which way you want me to go, so I am in your will. or 2. Jesus be with me today telling me what you want me to do and where you want me to go step by step, and I will do as you say. // See the difference? I used to pray the first prayer thinking nothing of it, but now I realize that the second prayer would be more useful. The second prayer actually makes more sense. To me at least. This lesson made me think, Jesus said HE is the way, not that he would SHOW you the way. He IS the way, so asking him to BE with you and tell you what to do as you get there is making him the way instead of him telling you giving you the directions and having you misinterpret them some how. When you ask God to BE with you and you do things the second he tells you to, no questions asked... you are always in God's will. You are in the CENTER of God's will. Always. Yeah it's easier said than done, but God says if you pray, you will be answered, so my prayer will be the second one up there so I can always be in God's will. Sorry that my thoughts are scrambled, I'm just that type of girl d:

No comments:

Post a Comment